Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Believe

Look what I found in the vaults of 27 or so draft blog posts!

Albeit more travel photos from South Australia, this layout is really quite different for me. Not so much mixed media but lots and lots of paper layering. Can you tell I was trying to use up some off-cuts LOL? Seriously though, having had a 'solid' Christian upbringing, it was important to me that I scrap these photos with reverence. It was really quite a difficult layout to create as I second guessed almost every decision I made.

Believe

The pink background paper is from 7Dots Studio and definitely not something I'd ever normally buy (not that I don't love 7Dots Studio). But my friend Ros Madley was here scrapping and offloading papers she wouldn't use from one of the kits between myself and another friend Cindy Porter and this one jumped out at me.


Other than a little stamping, I've only used some Liquitex ceramic stucco medium with a brick template, filled in here and there with Prima mica flakes. Then almost a tonne of layers, plus journaling and embellishing. Other than the Studio Calico doily all, and I mean all the embellishments, even the title, are from D-lish Scraps.

In the end I was really very happy with the layout and I look forward to doing a double layout of the outdoor photos of this very beautiful spot in the Clare Valley soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment