Friday, January 16, 2015

Hello Summer .. with D-lish Scraps

This weekend we're cyber cropping with D-lish Scraps in The Scrap Suite and its my turn to host a challenge. We try to keep things fresh by rotating the Design Team each month and also taking it in turns to do the different challenges. This month it was my turn to do a technique challenge and, in my humble opinion, I came up with a ripper! LOL especially as it resulted in a digital freebie for our customers!!

Hello Summer

I decided to go hybrid! Something I haven't done in a really, really, really long time. Oh and I don't mean 'just' printing my journaling. I mean seriously hybrid. I'm fortunate enough to have an A3 colour printer so printed a washed out version of my photo directly onto my 12x12 cardstock. I was also really persuasive and, using all my charm, asked Amanda to design some freebie digital downloads which were beach/summer themed. I loved what she came up with and printed them both on linen texture cardstock, and vellum, so I could use a mixture. Did I say I love what Amanda came up with?


Other D-lish Scraps products used include .. Little Birdie Boutique Elements symphony flower shabby chic, Little Birdie Kraft Expressions kraft paper printed daisies, Sequins, beach themed, soon to be released, Resin Buttons and Flair Buttons, 18mm Clear Glass CabochonsPinkfresh Studios Colourblock Veneer Geotag, and Arrow Set Raw Veneers.

I've also used a Scrap FX Seaweed Stem (2011308) which I embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang (my new love) embossing powders.

If you have the time to scrap this weekend and would like to join in the fun, head on over to The Scrap Suite where you'll not only find my hybrid technique challenge, but also a sketch challenge by Wendy Smith, a colour challenge by Katie Howard, a product based challenge by Anna Allan, our 'Queen's' challenge by Rebecca Dammash, and finally, a kids' challenge because we know they like to scrap along with us.

Hope to see you there!

PS: I may have found a new location to photograph my layouts which shows up the sparkly 'stuff'. Check out how sparkly those sequins are!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful, Alz. I am reviving my interest in mixed media at the moment. Hybrid sounds like a good thing to revisit too! I love that you can print on 12" x 12" cardstock like that. It is so very effective. How did you manage to photograph the sparkles so well? They really do show up! I love your work. xx

    ReplyDelete