Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Funtastic .. with Scrap FX

I'm back with my second Design Team project for Scrap FX ..

Funtastic

This one was far more of a challenge than I anticipated as it was all number themed, except for the word. I didn't have anything relevant to the theme to scrap. In the end I decided to use the numbers in an abstract way and as just part of my background. I figured I'd use patterned paper with numbers if it fit with what I was doing, so why not chipboard? To start with though, I sprayed a sheet of 1.8mm Chipboard with gesso and then set to work creating my background.

Once I was happy with my textured background and had finished with my colours, I used the newly released Number Party Stencil with some white Dylusions to create a very subtle pattern in the background. You can see it far more clearly in my detailed photos below.

Other newly released products I used include the 2014 Year PackNumber Crunch and the word Funtastic. When creating my title I also used the seriously fun and funky Itty Bitty Bets Groovy. I can promise you that you'll be seeing a lot more of that font on my pages in the future!!!


I was still mega nervous when creating this layout but I guess sitting more comfortably in my mixed media mess made it a little easier. I can't wait to share with you my third Design Team project for the month but that one will have to wait a few days!

Meanwhile I'm just now waiting for the next lot of new chipboard to be released so I can get scrapping with some more Scrap FX goodness!

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful! Love the chippies you have used and the colors on your background look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete