Tuesday, October 14, 2014

She is Mia .. with Pilot Pens

Eons ago, well it feels that way LOL,  Scrapbooking Memories asked me if I'd be interested in participating in one of their product challenges. Of course I said yes!

She is Mia
published in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 17 No 3

It was a doodling challenge and somewhat naively I didn't think about the pens we would be receiving. If I had given it some thought I imagine I would have received various black and white pens. So you can imagine my surprise when I received a packet of five, colour Pilot Pens!  :O  The colours were bright and bold. At a time when I was working with soft, neutral colours, this was indeed going to be a challenge.


The layout I ended up with was layout #2. I had created the most sensational background with the purple pen for layout #1, and then I went and destroyed it all by keeping on adding and adding, when I should have stepped away.

I was so frustrated! Especially as I didn't have the time to recreate layout #1. The deadline was looming. Praying that I still had enough ink left in the purple pen, layout #2 is what I came up with, and I like it! Not only did I use the purple pen to doodle, I coloured my wood veneers with it before adding glossy accents to them, and I created my own 'enamel dots' by doodling filled in circles and applying glossy accents to the top of them. I'm now looking at, and using, my coloured journaling pens and markers in a whole new light! Thanks Pilot Pens!

PS: Aren't my handmade, vellum flowers just adorable?

1 comment:

  1. Alz, this looks amazing! Normally purple is my kryptonite colour, but you sure rocked it here! Your use of the pens is fantastic, I love that you found so many different ways to use them. Great work! X

    ReplyDelete