I flipped the sketch so that my photos were at the bottom of my layout and stamped the date the photo was taken multiple times as my 'journaling'. What I have to say about this photo of my friend Janet wouldn't fit on the page so I plan to do my journaling on a piece of note paper a little later and tuck it into the paper bag I've used as a layer under my 4x6 photo.
As you might expect LOL, I've used a lot of D-lish Scraps embellishments on this layout .. a white Mini Heirloom Flower, turquoise and black Pinwheel Blooms, Ombre Blue D-list Enamel Dots, Journal Its from the light blue monochrome pack, a PVC Doily, a black Mini Wooden Peg, a black gingham Pick 'n' Place Bow, a Flair Button from the About A Boy pack, a black Coloured Paper Doily, a black bag from the Quatrefoil Rainbow Mix pack, white Sweet Petites, and a now (sadly) discontinued black tulle flower.
I had a lot of fun using a new stamp I've bought from Indigo Blu which has a bubbles pattern. Some of the bubbles I coloured in with a water soluble crayon, some I punched holes in with my trusty, old Fiskars eyelet punches, and others I left plain. As I only used the stamp on the edges of my LO I think the effect is kind of cool. LOL I'm happy with it and that's all that counts really I guess!
I also had a bit of a light bulb moment on Monday. I was both honoured and humbled to be asked to be part of an Inspirations Gallery at Paperific here in Melbourne over the weekend. What that meant was selecting layouts that reflect my style of scrapping and the subjects I scrap, putting those layouts into zip lock bags and then sticking velcro dots on them to attach them to the wall. After doing that to 20 or so layouts I was left with a whole lot of fuzzy velcro dot bits as all I had used was the half which had the hooks in it. I was playing with one and realised how it was kinda fuzzy and that it reminded me of the top of some liquid inks I have.
That's when the light bulb came on. I grabbed an empty, small bottle from our recycling crate and gave it a thorough wash. When it was dry I stuck one of those fuzzy velcro circles on the lid (the lids are the perfect size) and used them to stamp splats on my page. It worked brilliantly. What a serious stroke of genius LOL! As I had used my new splat stamp with a water based product I was able to take off the lid and rinse it out. I'm going to collect a few more bottle caps and make up a bag of lids with fuzzy velcro dots on them but I only need to keep one bottle so storage shouldn't be a problem. Anyways I just thought I'd share.
If you're inspired by Rikki's sketch you can find all the details you need to enter this month's Scrap The Girls challenge HERE.