Monday, July 7, 2014

D-lish Scraps 5th Birthday Bonanza .. Challenge No. 7 by Wendy

Don't forget that if you didn't have the opportunity to scrap and participate in the D-lish Scraps' 5th Birthday Bonanza cyber crop challenges over the weekend, that you still can. You have until midnight AEST on Monday 14th July 2014 to upload your entries. So get scrapping!!

Challenge no. 7 was a colour challenge by Wendy Smith.


This was another challenge I left until the end to do. I don't do primary colours. There's just something about them that I find so uninspiring. Softer versions of the colours aren't the problem, its when they're bold or mid tones, and then when you put them together? Well that's when I start to sweat it LOL!

Dylan

This was my end result! Its not my favourite layout of all time LOL, and I think I may have gone just a little overboard with my current and long term favourite stamp (Prima Stitched Circles). That said though, I don't think it turned out that bad after all!

I used the following D-lish Scraps embellishment when creating this layout .. Freckled Fawn Enamel Dew DropsFreckled Fawn Wood Chips (Birds), Navajo Arrows and Geotags Colourblock Veneers from Pinkfresh StudioWashi Tape, Arrow Word Tabs and Hello Cards Journal ItsFlair Buttons from the Geometrics Navy/Teal/Yellow pack, Wooden Veneer Love Arrow, a white DaisyRambling Roses, and Sweet Petites.


Thanks for the inspiration Wendy and for pushing me so far outside my comfort zone!

To participate in the 5th Birthday Bonanza you can find all the challenges HERE, where to link your challenge entries HERE, and the rules for playing along HERE. Good luck and happy scrapping!   :)

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Alz, The selective colouring on you pics is just perfect too.

    ReplyDelete